Hammerdown Construction wanted an online presence that reflected the accumulating good will they have established in the community. They asked us to help them in two areas:
- Renovate their website and Facebook timeline to help the online community see the kind of projects they take pride in doing. But keep the heritage logo.
- 2. Improve upon their self-managed, online advertising campaign to increase awareness of Hammerdown Construction’s services.
- We listened.
- We asked Hammerdown Construction to identify the kinds of projects they love to do: the projects that inspire the Hammerdown team to do their best work.
- We learned about what prospective clients need in order to build a trusting contractor relationship.
- And, we learned about how contractors lose projects. Hint: it’s almost NEVER about money.
- We also reviewed their existing online campaigns to see what could be reclaimed and improved upon.
- A simple, professional looking website that quickly tells the visitor who Hammerdown Construction is, what they do, and what the community they serve thinks of their bathroom, basement and kitchen renovation services.
- A beautiful photo gallery that introduces prospects to Hammerdown Construction’s caliber of work.
- Internally the photo gallery also helps remind the team that – as a team – they do great work.
- A Facebook timeline design that compliments the website and supports the brand’s blog-like renovation-progress-report posts.
- Online Hammerdown Construction has seen dramatic increases in their online campaign’s effectiveness including improvements in key metrics: visits, time on site, organic and paid search scores, CTR, CPC, campaign costs, ad positions and conversions by revising CPC bids, existing ad groups and adding some new ones.
- As at end of June 2013, the first month of reporting, we have seen a ten-fold increase in their CTR (977%), a modest 12% increase in their CPC and a 63% decline in their campaign cost.
- Offline our client reports improvements in the number of people calling because they were referred to their website by a friend, Facebook, an organic search or an online ad.
Importantly, the quality of the calls has resulted in a higher project closing rate, less discounting and more contracts overall (compared to the same time-period last year).